Gain skills for defending security's new frontier.
Every day brings a new cybersecurity story, from data theft to network hacking. If you're tech savvy and love to investigate problems, a Herzing degree in cybersecurity will prepare you for a career in this exciting field.
As a Herzing student, you'll prepare for a broad range of positions in the field of cybersecurity. You'll gain the fundamental knowledge of networks and software all IT professionals need, plus specialized cybersecurity skills in ethical hacking, network security, computer forensics, applied cryptography, and more. Other highlights include:
- Opportunity to prepare for key networking certifications from Cisco, Microsoft and CompTIA, with the cost of these three certifications included in tuition
- Remote-access virtual lab activities for some of your courses, so you can learn by doing no matter where you are
- Become familiar with a wide range of platforms and technologies, ensuring adaptability on the job
What will I learn in Herzing's cybersecurity program?
- The Internet of Things
- Cybersecurity Concepts
- Applied Cryptography
- Cyber Law and Ethics
- Programming Logic
- Computer Networks
- Ethical Hacking
- Technical Writing
- Network Defense
- Linux Administration
- Network Security
- Routers and Switches I and II
- Python Programming
- Computer and Network Forensics
- System Administration Scripting
- Information Assurance and Security
- Computer Architecture and Troubleshooting I
- Information Technology Project Management
- Network and Server Operating Systems
- Network Infrastructure Administration
- Database Concepts and Applications I
- Transition to Technology Concepts
Take the next step to learn more about Herzing's cybersecurity program.
Is an MBA in your future?
Students in Herzing University's Cybersecurity bachelor’s degree program can get a “jumpstart” on earning a Herzing MBA. Qualifying students could take up to 12 graduate credits while still an undergraduate and apply these credits toward both degrees, thereby saving time and money.