What You Can Learn
Students in our online sterile processing diploma program learn a combination of health science, healthcare professionalism and hands-on skills to prepare them for a crucial role in the heart of the hospital.
Our 24-credit program includes the following course topics:
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- Introduction to Surgical Services
- Sterile Processing
- Surgical Instrumentation
- Professional Development I and II
Credit you earn in this program may also be eligible for transfer to one of our associate and bachelor's degree programs in healthcare, positioning you for further advancement in the future.
Career Opportunities for Sterile Processing Diploma Graduates
As demand for healthcare services grow, so will demand for workers with training for sterile processing. Our diploma can prepare you to pursue careers with the following job titles:
- Central processing technician (CPT)
- Central service technician (CST)
- Central sterile supply technician (CSS technician)
- Instrument technician
- Sterile preparation technician
- Sterile processing and distribution technician (SPD tech)
- Sterile processing technician (sterile processing tech)
- Sterile technician
- Sterilization technician
Workplaces for graduates from this program include hospitals, clinics, outpatient surgical centers and central sterile processing facilities.
Start Preparing for Your Career Today
We work closely with industry leaders and employers to ensure our programs are relevant for our students to succeed at the next level.
Herzing University ranks among the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s programs*. That means our students are engaged, our faculty is credentialed, and our student services and technology rank among the best in the nation.