Choose Your Degree Pathway
The allied health field offers many opportunities for healthcare administrators and managers to become behind-the-scenes heroes helping patients outside of direct patient care. With Herzing, you can start your healthcare administration career journey with an associate degree and progress all the way to a master’s degree. Programs include:
- Associate of Science in Healthcare Administration (16 months/60 credits)
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration (36 months/120 credits)
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (16 months/30-33 credits)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)—Healthcare Management (14 months/33-36 credits)
Associate of Science in Healthcare Administration
16 Months, 60 Credits
Prepare for entry-level and administrative support roles with an associate degree. Build essential knowledge in general education and learn key concepts in healthcare regulations, record-keeping and more.
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
36 Months, 120 Credits
To enhance your career opportunities and prepare for entry-level management positions in healthcare administration, enroll in Herzing's bachelor's degree program. Transfer up to 90 credits with no time restriction on general education courses! You'll also have the option to customize your degree to fit your career goals by choosing between two concentrations:
- Managed Care
Built-In Industry Certification for Bachelor's Degree Students
When you earn your healthcare administration bachelor's degree with us, you can obtain additional qualifications to help you stand out in the job market:
- Leadership concentration students can pursue Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification (LSSYB)
- Managed Care concentration students can prepare for the Certified Specialist Managed Care (CSMC) exam
Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
16 Months, 30-33 Credits
Ideal for current clinical practitioners who want to transition to administration, or for individuals with experience in other areas of management who want to pursue opportunities in the rapidly growing healthcare administration field.
Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management Concentration
14 Months, 33-36 Credits
Our IACBE-accredited MBA offers a versatile, executive-level skillset for leadership in a range of organizations. The Healthcare Management concentration offers additional specialized knowledge with three courses in:
- Healthcare Administration
- Health Policy and Management
- Health Information Management
Dual MBA Credit Option
Students in Herzing University's Healthcare Administration bachelor’s degree program can get a “jumpstart” on earning an MBA in Healthcare Management. Qualifying students could take up to 12 graduate credits while still an undergraduate and apply these credits toward both degrees, thereby saving time and money.
Take the next step to learn more about Herzing's healthcare administration programs!