Make a Difference in the Lives of Others
Earning your degree or diploma is the first step in becoming a medical assistant. Medical assistants are vital in the day-to-day work of most healthcare facilities. As a graduate of Herzing's medical assisting program, you'll prepare to join the in-demand healthcare field and help patients have a positive experience.
As a Herzing student, you'll be introduced to the overall operation of the physician’s office.
You'll be trained to:
- Assist the physician in the examination room
- Perform routine laboratory procedures
- Handle financial records, correspondence, insurance forms, and other administrative functions
Our ultimate goal is to prepare you to successfully gain an entry-level position as a medical assistant.
What will I learn in Herzing's medical assistant program?
Required courses include:
- Medical Terminology
- Administrative Skills for Medical Offices
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Insurance Claims, Processing and Adjudication
- Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Clinical Assisting I and II with Lab