Prepare for a Career in Computer Networking
As a Herzing computer networking student, you'll gain solid foundational skills to prepare you for a broad range of positions along with specialized networking skills in systems analysis and design, data storage, advanced wireless networking, mail servers, network security, and VoIP.
Through our industry-relevant curriculum, you will be prepared to:
- Perform network installations and upgrades
- Secure, administer and troubleshoot networks
- Apply the latest security recommendations to properly project leading OS servers in a variety of settings
- Use cloud computing principles, architectures and implementations, including cloud servers and solutions, data storage and security
- Implement, administer and troubleshoot e-mail messaging systems, and more.
We also help you stand out in the job market by helping you prepare for three key networking certifications from Cisco, Microsoft and CompTIA.
What will I learn in Herzing's computer networking program?
- Programming Logic
- Computer Networks
- Transition to Technology Concepts
- Database Concepts and Applications I
- Computer Architecture and Troubleshooting I
- Linux Administration
- Network Security
- Routers and Switches I and II
- Linux Application Server
- Python Programming
- Data Storage
- Information Technology Project Management
- Cloud Computing
- Network and Server Operating Systems
- Network Infrastructure Administration
- Wireless Networking Fundamentals
- System Administration Scripting
- Mail Servers
- Network Defense
- Voice-Over IP
Take the next step to learn more about Herzing's computer networking program.
Is an MBA in your future?
Students in Herzing University's computer networking program can get a “jumpstart” on earning a Herzing MBA. Qualifying students could take up to 12 graduate credits while still an undergraduate and apply these credits toward both degrees, thereby saving time and money.